Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Book I

"Huh...?"

"Zzzzz..."

These were the 2 responses elicited alternately from reading my first library book.

How many times was i lost in long dreary descriptive chapters written in profound English (i shall -ahem- abstain from using the word "cheem")!! I just glimpsed through those paragraphs without actually absorbing them cuz i dun even understand what's her point and they are meaningless to the progress of the story. urghz.

thankfully (for the author and myself), the book was saved from my condemnation as ultimately at least a shocking truth was revealed in the last few chapters of the book... (but between the point of revelation and the actual naked truth revealed she had to insert yet again 2 chapters of descriptive gosh!) how long i'd persevered!! ok, blame my non-existence flair for english, i even had to read these last few chapters again to actually get the gist of the truth. haiz, my fault, ok?

well, i do have a feeling that this subtle story is actually a piece of craft and i may be able to appreciate its beauty if only i read it again...erm no thanks.

The next time... uneventful and slow books filled with long and profound expressions... -rolls eyes- forget it.


* 8:17 PM