Thursday, September 01, 2005

Lazy...

i know i have been pretty lazy, not blogging much these days... paiseh la...

the past one and a half week had been quite dramatic! my courses were in a MESS! (some of u might have seen my msn nick ha) this course clashes with that course, dunno which course to drop, another course so full tt i have to be put on waiting list, PE clashes with writing seminar blah blah blah... the problems/conflicts never seem to end. :(

but thankfully, now it's mostly finalised already. Taking a writing seminar on linguistics -- writing systems and cryptography! Forced to change my water skiing pe cuz all the other time slots are filled up :( so i changed to my next best alternative, horseriding! (HEE-HAW!) i officially have a place in my chem lab course alr! heng ah! turned out my chem lab section only got 8 students haha, the smallest class i have! but when i went to officially add my course at the registrar today, i was forbidden cuz i am not allowed to take 6 courses for my first semester. i have to make an appointment with my dean to "petition". gah.

yeah... i decided to take all 6 courses for now... i mean, i have 7 or 9 weeks for me to decide to drop any course wad... see first lor... it's quite hard for all 6 courses to fit nicely into my schedule without conflicts anyway! besides... the semester's organic chem seems like it's gonna be easy lor! today we did nomenclature lor! u get the idea :P

(you would expect tt given my workload, i should be mugging now and not blogging right? u are right, i am sacrificing my hw time now. hey you all should feel honoured lor! haha!)

anyway, i went to take the Chinese AP test yesterday. my fac advisor asked me to take the test anyway (it's for a foreign lang requirement in my college) although i told him i plan to take jap courses next semester/year. i am usually confident of my chinese standard, but after seeing all my fellow singaporeans except one (yuan xiang! wah lau!) failing the Chi AP test last week, i also began to worry if the chinese teachers are stricter this year in certifying that we are "proficient in our native language". :S failing the Chinese AP test doesn't hurt, but losing to yuan xiang in chinese is so terribly INSULTING! (fyi, that guy was using my laptop the night b4 his Chi AP test to read zaobao online, with me prompting the pronounciation of many of the chi words la!!) so i cannot cannot fail the test, and THANKFULLY i didn't screw up my zuo wen and i am granted the waiver for foreign lang req and i didn't lose face! phew! :P ahaha

due to the guilt of eating too much and the realization of the effect of eat-all-you-can meal plans setting in ard my waist, i was determined to go for one of the fitness classes, knockout workout, with christina today! (after all, cannot waste my fitness classes membership fee right?) shiyun, kickboxing is really cool! i was panting like mad! tmr my thighs are definitely going to ache but that's great! means it was a good workout man! lolZ

i realise making friends is all about "fate". It's not a matter of choosing to mix with the caucasians cuz "they are warm", or deliberately choose to befriend the international students cuz "they are friendlier", because anyone can be friendly, and anyone can be dao. I have talked to and befriended quite a few ppl in some classes easily, but for other classes, it seems so hard to befriend them... esp for the course where basically all are sophomores and they all know each other since last yr already. oh well... u know i have this very nice japanese friend who is a Masters student, graduated from Waseda, and who's in the exact same math and econs course as me! how cool is tt! haha...

one of my students wished me happy teacher's day!! aww... so sweeeet! :)

my residence hall is having ice cream night tonight! ice cream or homework...? hmm....

* 9:56 AM