Monday, January 09, 2006

At the west coast now!

Using lindy's powerbook now and decided to blog sth tonight haha.. it's (only) 11.20 pm but lindy and juline are fast asleep alr hehe..

have been catching up on all my friends' blogs the past hour! it's barely 2 weeks since i was away from my laptop and all my friends have such happpening affairs to share on the blog! so cool to read them all! especially flo's spectacular amazing race around Europe!!!

san fran is really sunny and nice! i thought it looks abit like singapore add the blue cloudless sky minus the humidity multiplied many times in area and divided by many hills. hehe... oh well i guess i am missing spore a little too much such tt everything reminds me of spore in some way? now even stanford's palm avenue reminds me of east coast park without the crowd! btw, stanford's campus is BEAUTIFUL! i am more sure of getting my masters at stanford now! ahaha...

my only complain abt SF is everything's darn expensive here! i haven't calculated my total expenses yet, but i feel i have spent more in SF than in NYC! especially transportation! i spend at least $7 on their subway every day! (oh btw they remind me of MRT too! haha!) grrr... i am going bankrupt. i should spend less on food, cuz i am getting FAT and ROUND! yes round!! it's showing in my fotos! OMG! YUCKS!

my camera's memory card is running out of space! i never expected i will ever run into such a crisis, cuz it's the first time i've ever taken sooooo many fotos in the same period of time! alr have 280 fotos since i arrived at nyc! dun have my laptop's card reader or cam's usb cable with me, so i only have 2 solutions: 1) delete older fotos, which i usually dun bear to, but dun have a choice now; 2) take less fotos, at least fotos with myself in it, cuz i look disgusting now that my face is round and fat!

Everytime i am reminded that it's the start of the year and that my students are already j2s, i can't help but feel 2005 has been a really "long" year.. i mean, now that i recall my first few days dressing up as a teacher (as best as i can) and walking into those 3 classes and hearing these j1 students call me miss hiong just feels like a lifetime away, cuz so many things have happened since then. gosh.. feel like doing some real reflection on the past year but there's really no time currently since being a tourist essentially means chiog-ing ard as much as possible... oh well...

I guess this trip made me realise that there are people who can't be trusted, but that shouldn't stop us from trusting everyone else other than yourself. i have been meeting such wonderful and nice people throughout my trip - lindy's sister and her boyfriend and his brother, lindy's senior and his housemates at berekeley whom hv kindly let us stay at their house, and juline's friend at stanford who showed us ard stanford the whole afternoon.

got to sleep now! i promise photoS when i return to ithaca! be patient! hehe...

* 4:06 PM