Monday, February 27, 2006

Counselling needed?

Thanks to snowboarding, my knees are entirely covered with blue-blacks, and my whole body is aching like hell. A 2-wk hiatus from SNB pretty slowed down my already-very-slow progress in SNB, but heck, any small progress i make is still worth celebrating.

Ironically, my multiple SPECTACULAR falls on my tailbone and/or head actually constituted the best day of my past week.

This must be the worst week i have ever had since i came here. all the stuff about adapting to life in foreign country, homesickness, not coping well with the academic pressures of college blah blah - i am suddenly going through that crisis now, err after spending one semester here?! weird isn't it?

In the past week, my health condition worsened, my stress level peaked, my self-esteem took a dip, no, DIVE. (scored below the median mark for math prelim - Gary, i know you would laugh your head off upon reading this) i cried at least once every day, over the tiniest possible catalyst. I swear this is one of the first symptoms of depression. the good news? i don't have suicidal thoughts, yet.

the weekend and snowboarding had an uplifting effect on my mood though. i guess sport is a good distracter. it's kinda weird: i am so lousy at snowboarding that i keep falling and falling but i still look forward to more snb - sometimes i suspect i am a masochist. hee

anyway, i see the effect of a 5-day-a-week japanese course setting in - these days, when i am forming my thoughts, random words are being substituted by japanese words, for eg when i think "being good at" then "joozu" will pop into my mind instead. nah, i am still pok in conversing in jap lor, haiz.

* 12:34 PM