Friday, February 03, 2006

I just have to rave about this

The weather today is AWESOME! blue sky, warm and sunny - feels like i am back in california! It's so warm (9 deg only!) that i walked back to dorm in only t-shirt and sweatshirt!

My favorite lunch-break haunt is now Sage Hall! It has this bright spacious square area right under a tall glass ceiling with sunlight filtering in and lighting up the whole place - think Parco bugis junction but with tables instead of those makeshift stalls! - and it's simply a fantastic place to chill out! Though i wasn't chilling out la.. Was doing my jap homework while savouring my bagels topped with liberal amounts of sinful cream cheese, peanut butter and strawberry jam and sipping snapple iced tea, but i still felt so good cuz i would see the blue sky whenever i lifted my head :)

Lab was pretty good today! I am still one of the slowest but at least it was smooth today. I really like this lab course despite all the pre-lab and actual lab and post-lab work i have to do. Till now, i have done distillation and extraction and crystallisation - they sound juvenile cuz these are the things which we have read in sec 1 science textbook, but do you realise, we have never actually done them before! I rmb seeing the gigantic Liebig condensor on the teacher's bench in sec 1 ("SEE-NO-TOUCH"), but now i get to set up my own distillation apparatus myself! Every tiny step involved, precautions to be taken, the science behind every step - reading them on textbooks and utilising them feel so different! I like how this lab course makes us go back to the basics, and appreciate and master these basic lab techniques which we would otherwise have taken for granted. Besides, my TA is a very nice person, so i'm really thankful!

Japanese class was good too! Had a spring test on vocab but survived it; after all nothing can be worse than my oral. It was nice talking to a few classmates after class. For some complicated reasons which i'll refrain from narrating, i am now attending a certain section on mon/wed/fri and a different section on tue/thu, so i actually get to know one extra group of friends hehe :)

Feel so energetic now despite only 5hr of slp last night - doing pre-lab lor, what else? My 2hr nap yest afternoon helped :P i have to mug for some basic theory test later cuz we're going to apply for Driver learner's permit tmr!

* 3:27 AM