Sunday, April 09, 2006

Sporadic thoughts...

My new love...

Running! With my earphones plugged in, i feel i am in my own world and running past the real world; with all my attention focussed on my thoughts and mind, i hardly realise i am pushing my physical body that far. Instead of stoning and daydreaming and thinking all sorts of things in my small little room and then later feeling guilty of wasting my time, running is undoubtedly a more productive alternative: be rewarded with the solitude and comfort of being in touch with your inner self AS WELL AS the eradication of fats and calories and the boost to my low metabolism rate all at the same time! :D

My all-time love...

Planning! for the future Planning for next semester's and future semesterS' courses! Planning for breaks! Planning for trips! My number one distraction from my mundane sch life. Life always looks more beautiful at a distance.

Some things never change...

1) I still can't write essays for nuts. Producing an essay at the eleventh hour has been my inherent working style since sec sch, but for 2 consecutive essays, i was unable to turn them in on time. gosh. :( 2) mishaps are still prevalent during my lab work. i thought i slightly improved already, until my thermometer exploded during distillation. thankfully my TA was very sympathetic and nice abt it, she even replaced my thermometer for me (if not i would have to pay another 100 bucks for tt thing probably). 3) I am slow at learning everything, and that includes learning how to drive a car. can kind of drive now la, but not 100% confidence yet...

A new hope...

The best news i had yesterday: my math prelim score! a surprise to me cuz i thought i could not do the question which i thought was the simplest topic of all. even my math lecturer was surprised: he gave out the scripts one by one, and while he passed it to me he peered at my score and then took another look and said something like "wow". restored a bit of my morale in math since my below-class-median score (yucks yucks yucks) in prelim 1...

Bizarre grades...

I seriously thought i made a lot more mistakes in my second jap oral prelim than in my first oral prelim, but my grade was better this time?! wakarimasen! on the other hand, my daily grade is getting worse... gosh... what is wrong?!

Still missing it...


Girl power! HEEz! :P Enjoying the panoramic view at the top of Neon canyon!

My awesome team members during our final hike! Taking a break after scaling the canyons with our backpacks and knowing we are on the right way!

It's just amazing how 12 people with such varied personalities could actually work so well together as a team. The things that we share - common experience, lingo, jokes - would not be easily forgotten even as we go on separate ways once we are back to civilization. These great people made it possible for me to survive the trip, and made my days in the wilderness thoroughly enjoyable and unforgettable!

Joy of cooking...

Ok, i didn't actually take part in the cooking process, two of my future housemates cooked LAKSA and guo tie and fried tofu and invited us to eat. The food was good, but i thought the cooking and washing-up processes were even more fun when the whole lot of us were confined in the small kitchen and lots of hilarious things happened haha. Can't wait for the 14 of us to move into our house in aug! hehe!

List of things to look forward to when i get back (still growing):

1)

6A CLASS CHALET!!! my beloved class, miss all u guys! yay, relive the good days of watching late-night soccer game and seeing the black horse stage an upset! MUAHAHA!

2) Possibly a trip with les to taiwan!

3) Possibly a trip with yun, lin, di and si to thailand!

4) Promised treats from gary and wai kit! I'm gonna hunt down the best restaurants in spore after my exams! (of course, let's hope tt gary will be accepted by williams or amherst then i will automatically get a treat in Ritz as promised!)

5) A new camera from daddy!

6) most importantly, home sweet home! :)

* 3:09 AM