Saturday, April 01, 2006

The SPRING motivation!

No "6A motivation" for now, here comes the next best alternative!

it's SPRING, baby!!

SHeesh i wish i had my cam with me but here's the picture: The sun is out, so is everyone! and everyone is in short sleeve shirts and shorts/mini-skirts! people are dining outdoors! people are playing frisbee on the lawns! people are sprawled on the grass, reading or napping! and some girls are sunbathing in bikinis, can u believe it! the temp reached 23 degree celcius today! OMG, is this ithaca???

OF COURSE! this is SPRING at ithaca! after living in a all-yr-round-constant-temp country for 19 years, i finally understand the meaning of spring! u can just feel it in the air, and it's so amazingly uplifting! i just can't help but feel cheerful all day (despite not understanding A WORD in org chem lect today, i am not lying!)

and you won't believe what the power of this "spring motivation" did to me, guys!!! i did the most incredible thing today!!

i went jogging for 55 min just now!!!

i am so amazed by myself k! i used to think jogging/running was the most sian exercise ever, thanks to years of madatory jogging on rgs field/rj track for stupid 2.4. i thought my j2 2.4 run was the last time i would ever run this far in my life. ok, so i jogged with christine on the brandnew rj track a few times last yr to try and lose weight haha (OMG that is one yr ago!!) but well, i thought i would never jog alone for the rest of my life at least.

and i ran today! feels so great!!!

ran a long looping route around my campus: starting from my dorm, passed Beebe lake (i forgot Beebe lake can be filled with liquid rather than solid H20!), ag quad, the sport stadium, engine quad, tip of college town, down to west campus, up the libe slope, through arts quad, back to north campus! as i ran, i just can't help my admire my lovely campus and recall what happened exactly a year ago: it was 31march, the day before the official day of admission decision and i was eagerly waiting for that letter from Cornell. my mum called me while i was window-shopping at novena square after lessons and i asked "da4 de hai2 shi4 xiao3 de???" "DA4 de!!!" and i "YESH" in the fitting room! LOL.

a yr ago, at that point in time, cornell was the only place i wanted to study; a yr later, i am glad i followed my heart admist all the obstacles, and i don't regret my decision :)

* 6:15 AM