Friday, August 18, 2006

orientation

yeah this non-freshman here embarrassingly still needs orientation. no, not orientation to cornell campus, but to my new estate and city of Ithaca.

well, my new estate is not that hard to get used to, but Ithaca is far bigger than i've imagined to orientate myself in a short period of time. my friends who have stayed in ithaca over summer know all the roads and places so damn well, while i am like a mountain tortoise who goes to Staples, Walmart, Bed Bath & Beyond, Win Li (arguably the best Chinese groceries stores in ithaca!) for the first time, and oh boy what a consolation Wegmans for the second time... sighz, i badly need a car to explore this city! :(

i've more or less fixed the arrangment of my furniture and decided where and how to store all my big and small things. just need to wait for my new desk and high-back swivel chair to arrive, and to buy a few plastic storage boxes to store some misc food and medicinal stuff and i will be more or less all set! oh. i still need to wash/dry clean my winter jackets/coat. more money to be spent gah.

so maybe it's a good thing i am not able to go to NYC this weekend like most others. save money for winter trip!! hehehe :D

* 8:46 PM