Saturday, August 12, 2006

Pampered

It has finally come to a time when my days in Singapore are numbered. (one and two..)

I feel pampered like a princess: My parents have been busy feeding me all my fave food these days: abalone, black pepper crabs, curry chicken, popiah, big prawn noodle, claypot rice... My best friends have been giving in to my inflexible schedule and giving me lotsa treats these days: sundae, manicure and sushi tei dinner (THANK YOU!!).

But saying goodbye to linda just now finally jolted me awake from my singapore dream: i am going to leave this place soon, very SOON.

no more excitement this time round. cuz i know all the shit that i am going to be in again: school work, prelims, exams, the cold, static!, laundry.........

is this how the NSFs feel when they have to book in at the end of weekends?

i think all my busyness with experiences and attachment has somewhat made me forget that it is being at home in Singapore, in the company of my family and old friends that makes me truly happy without actually realising it.

The next happiest thing tt happened this summer hols is that i have formed close bonds with a group of easy-going and like-minded colleagues-to-be and that i finally found the strong conviction to the 10-year-path that i have chosen to take.

And when singing those national day songs at the ndp preview, it suddenly struck me that I am singing out aloud exactly what i am feeling abt spore when i am away and about my future i see with PUB/Singapore, and consequently, that all these years i don't really understand what i am singing really.

the last few days in spore have been and will be packing, packing and packing. No improvement in the gross overestimate of real luggage space with respect to the amount of things i am planning to bring back, but definitely a significant change in my way of dealing this huge task. Perhaps packing luggage is one way of telling one's progress of maturity.

photos, later on. now, to the bed, cuz char kway teow awaits me tmr morning haha.

(yes, my resolution to lose weight is close to dead. will only be resuscitated in 3 yrs' time, most likely.)

* 1:20 AM