Wednesday, August 16, 2006

welcome back to sunny ithaca

yeah, i am back in ithaca after a long and dreary 19hr flight followed by an seemingly-endless 5hr coach ride. i only realised i was back in ithaca when i saw the brightly lit Statler hotel school, followed by the engineering buildings and my first thought was "wah i am back alr!" that says a lot: it means i don't have a sense of belonging to america, but i do to cornell. haha..

it's nice to have my dear future housemates so kindly picking us and our huge luggages up at 1.30am. it's nice to have a warm and sunny day today so i could walk happily under the sun in tank top and shorts and not starting to miss singapore's weather hehe. and of course it's nice to see my dear again :)

i saw my new room and i thought it was pretty decent hee. we went to the mall today and i splurged $100 odd on the essentials for my new room! gosh, and i havent even spent 24 hr in ithaca yet!! don't even try converting tt amount to singapore dollars... i really can't resist spending on nice stuff for my room la. for once i want to own a nice room please!!

photos of the room and house later! after i decided how to arrange my furniture, after unpacking, and after clearing all the mess in the house!

tonight and whole of tmr will be moving, moving and moving! wait, disclaimer: not just my stuff lor. we are helping each other to move everyone's stuff to the new house. that's something i particularly appreciate about the singaporean friends i have here: everyone's not stingy abt helping each other :)

in any case, it will be good exercise for me! yay~ way to go!!! haha

i wish the weather will stay this way forever... *slaps myself out of daydream*

* 11:27 AM