Friday, February 09, 2007

High and low

Yesterday was a low, today is a new high!

Kickboxing class is awesome! I love the upbeat music, I feel like i am dancing as i do the routine hehe. just that it's a damn xiong dance la! my thighs are aching alr!

This sounds absolutely geeky, but chem lab is cool today! After studying NMR for so long, i finally saw what it exactly looks like and i learnt how to operate it hahaha. i also had to hold this propane/oxygen fire gun that shoots out a 3000K flame to literally melt the glass of the nmr tube at its end, then i twisted and yanked the tube out and let the melted glass seal up its end - auto-seal! hahaha. luckily nobody in the lab felt particularly murderous today hur hur =P

and my chem prof is thinking of bringing our class to rockclimb or go to the Hoffman challenge course (= mini-obs) when spring comes! :)

my water supply project is getting really exciting! i met up with my team mate today and had an absolutely productive discussion-cum-brainstorm session and so many ideas were thrown in and we already have our design of our testing device all planned out! the next step is to buy the parts and build it! whee~

I have stopped complaining about the permanently -15deg cel weather, because the permanent snow/ice/slush on the ground has given me a perfect excuse to buy yet another pair of new boots! They came within 2 days after i ordered them online - Zappos rocks!! Not very cheap or extremely gorgeous, but for a pair of waterproof boots that have good traction, i think they are considered pretty already!


* 11:35 AM