Friday, May 11, 2007

Stress management

I am feeling really lethargic and sluggish now, having gone through 2 consecutive exams -pchem last night, accounting this morning- and i hardly have the stamina to work on my very last lab report as a chem major which is due tomorrow, let alone getting started on revision for Japanese exam which is on Sat. Knowing that I did not do very well for the previous lab report just a while ago hardly helped to motivate me, but worse, is deactivating me.

While I really do not have any time to take any break, I am so bored and distracted now in the computer lab in Baker that I began browsing online shops for clothes and shoes again!? Yes, I actually feel something's missing in my life now and that thing is to be able to excitedly track my packages online and looking forward to try on the stuff that I bought. And after browsing through Forever21's site, I feel the urge to spend again. (fyi, i just bought $80 worth of stuff from the same site 3 weeks ago)

So as I was launching into self-reproach, I made a very interesting revelation about myself:

I realize that ever since coming here, I surprise myself with behaviors remote of me in the past. In my first semester, it was to gorge myself with sweet (and fattening) desserts. Last semester, it was to stop doing work for incorrigibly long extended periods of time. Now, it is to keep spending money without any inhibition. In all 3 instances, they are self-damaging in their own ways. I conclude they are my newly-found methods of dealing with stress.

This being said, I still want those tops from Forever21. and shoes. and bags. and dresses.

[Edit: i gave up on those tops alr. They are never going to ship from California to my place before i fly home. See,I am still rational]

* 3:52 AM